Originally the parish late Romanesque church of St. Jakub Většího was built at the beginning of the 13th century on the site of the original medieval market settlement on the southern edge of today's town of Ostrov (Schlackenwerth). Since the 16th century, the church has been listed as a cemetery. At the beginning of the 17th century, the church was renovated in the early Baroque style. Further repairs took place in 1912. After 1945, however, it ceased to be maintained and gradually fell into disrepair. Since 2005, the town of Ostrov has been gradually reconstructing the church.
occasionally, from outside always