Znojmo, kostel sv. Kříže
The church of the Finding of the True Cross is linked with the Dominican order and its monastery in Znojmo. According to the legend, the monastery and the church were founded in 1230 by St. Hyacinth. The church has got an old pilgrimage tradition, because a larger fragment of the True Cross used to be there. However, a large fire destroyed the church and the monastery in 1555. The library and the monastery archive burned down and the fragment of the True Cross was lost. The Baroque interior of the church is richly decorated with pictures and statues of Saints. The altarpiece is the work of F. A. Maulbertsch from 1765. A miraculous picture of the Virgin Mary of Znojmo has been placed in the church since the 17th century and it attracts the attention of pilgrims. It is situated in the middle side chapel on the right.
Distance from the object
Railway station100 m
Bus stop1 km (autobusové nádraží)